UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR ( UNICAL ) CUT OFF MARK 2020 / 2021 (Departmental Cut Off Point for all Courses)
Candidates who chose the University of Calabar as their first choice institution and scored 160 and above are eligible to sit for the PUTME screening exercise. Eligible candidates however need to go through this publication to be properly informed and guided as this publication gave specific attention to sensitive areas.
BRIEF HISTORY OF UNICAL
University of Calabar, commonly known as Unical was founded in 1975 under the National Higher Education Expansion Program of the Federal Military Government, the University of Calabar ranks among the leading and largest of Nigeria’s second generation universities. Unical is one of the second generation universities which were established in 1975 as a result of the Federal Military Government’s Decree and National Development Plan which mandated the creation of seven new universities at different locations of the country. The University which is located at the Calabar municipal, Cross River State, Southern Nigeria, was the Calabar campus of the University of Nigeria (UNN).
Established in 1975, the new independent university having gained an autonomous status started its academic activities in 1976 with a total of 896 students, 3 faculties and 156 administrative staff some of whom were duly transferred from the University of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN).
The university initially started with the faculties of Arts, Science and Social Science in 1976, between 1977 and 1981 academic year, the Faculties of Education, College of Medical Sciences, Faculty of Law and the Faculty of Agriculture were established. Progressive is not the word to use in describing her growth ever since her inception but we just have to use it to describe her phenomenal physical, academic and staff expansion.
University of Calabar currently has the following faculties;
LIST OF FACULTIES IN UNICAL
- Faculty of Agriculture
- Faculty of Allied Medical Sciences
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences
- Faculty of Biological Sciences
- Faculty of Clinical Science
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Engineering and Technology
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Management Sciences
- Faculty of Social Sciences
In addition to her academic profile, UNICAL also has the following citadel of learning; Institute of Education, Institute of Oceanography, Institute of Public Policy and Administrative Studies, a graduate school and the University of Calabar Consultancy Services.
The University’s population is estimated at 40,645 and she currently ranks 53 in the country. Her current Vice Chancellor is Prof. Zana I. Akpagu.
UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR ( UNICAL ) CUT OFF MARK 2020/2021
The official cut off Mark for the 2020/2021 academic session have been released. The cut off Mark is 160, Candidates who scored 160 in their 2020 UTME and meet other admission requirements are qualified to take part in the PUTME screening exercise.
UNICAL GENERAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
UNICALgeneral admission requirements in addition to other departmental/faculty criteria are;
- A minimum UTME score of 180
- Five O’ level credits or it’s equivalent including English and Mathematics plus three other relevant subjects in not more than two sittings.
- Correct UTME subjects combination in UTME
- UNICAL must be your first choice University among other things.
UNICAL DEPARTMENTAL CUT OFF MARK
These are the departmental cut off marks for each of the departments present in UNICAL, candidates are expected to beat these cut off marks if they are to be admitted into the departments.
|FACULTY||DEPARTMENT||PROGRAMME||CUT OFF POINT|
|ENGLISH AND LITERARY STUDIES||B.A HISTORY & INT’L STUDIES||230||220||210|
|THEATRE AND MEDIA STUDIES||B A THEATRE AND MEDIA STUDIES||235||220||215|
|ENGLISH AND LITERARY STUDIES||B.A. (ENGLISH & LITERARY STUDIES)||240||230||222|
|MODERN LANGUAGES AND TRANSLATION STUDIES||B.A HONS FRENCH||200||185||180|
|LINGUISTICS AND COMMUNICATION STUDIES||B.A. LINGUISTICS AND COMMUNICATION||225||215||205|
|RELIGIOUS & CULTURAL STUDIES||B. A. RELIGIOUS & CULTURAL STUDIES||200||185||180|
|PHILOSOPHY||B. A. PHILOSOPHY||210||185||180|
|AGRIC. FORESTRY & WILDLIFE RESOURCES MGT|
|AGRIC. ECONOMICS AND EXTENSION||B.AGRIC (AGRIC. ECONOMICS & EXTENSION)||190||180||180|
|ANIMAL SCIENCE||B. AGRIC. (ANIMAL SCIENCE)||210||200||190|
|AGRICULTURE, FORESTRY &WLR MGT.||B. AGRIC (SOIL SCIENCE)||220||185||180|
|FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE RESOURCES MGT||B.AGRIC.( FORESTRY & WILDLIFE)||200||195||190|
|ALLIED MEDICAL SCIENCES|
|MEDEICAL LABORATORY SCIENCE||B.MLS||235||222||215|
|NURSING SCIENCE||Bachelor of Nursing Science (B.N.Sc.)||240||225||215|
|RADIOGRAPHY & RADIOLOGICAL SCIENCES||B.SC RADIOGRAPHY||240||230||222|
|PUBLIC HEALTH||B.Public Health (B.P.H.)||210||190||180|
|BASIC MEDICAL SCIENCES|
|HUMAN ANATOMY||B.Sc ANATOMY||210||190||180|
|BIOCHEMISTRY||B. Sc. BIOCHEMISTRY||210||200||195|
|MEDICINE & SURGERY||MB.BCh||263||252||247|
|ADULT AND CONTINUING EDUCATION||B.ED ADULT EDUCATION||190||180||180|
|EDU. ADMIN & PLANNING||B.Ed IN EDU ADMIN & PLANNING||210||185||180|
|EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATIONS, GUIDANCE AND COUNSELLING||B.Ed GUIDANCE AND COUNSELLING||210||200||180|
|LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCE||BLIS||205||195||180|
|HUMAN KINETICS & HEALTH EDUCATION||B.Sc (Ed.) HUMAN KINETICS & HEALTH EDUCATION||200||190||180|
|VOCATIONAL AND SPECIAL EDUCATION||B.Sc (Ed) BUSINESS EDUCATION||210||200||180|
|VOCATIONAL AND SPECIAL EDUCATION||B.ED SPECIAL EDUCATION||190||180||180|
|VOCATIONAL AND SPECIAL EDUCATION||B.Sc (Ed) AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE EDUCATION||190||185||180|
|CURRICULUM & TEACHING||ENGLISH EDUCATION||235||215||204|
|CURRICULUM & TEACHING||SOCIAL STUDIES||215||190||180|
|CURRICULUM & TEACHING||EDUCATION GEOGRAPHY||200||190||180|
|CURRICULUM & TEACHING||ENVIRONMENTAL EDUCATION||215||190||180|
|CURRICULUM & TEACHING||ELEMENTARY EDUCAION||200||190||180|
|CURRICULUM & TEACHING||EDUCATION CHEMISTRY||185||180||180|
|CURRICULUM & TEACHING||EDUCATION BIOLOGY||190||185||180|
|CURRICULUM & TEACHING||EDUCATION HISTORY||200||190||180|
|CURRICULUM & TEACHING||EDUCATION ECONOMICS||220||210||195|
|CURRICULUM & TEACHING||EDUCATION POLITICAL SCIENCE||220||210||195|
|CURRICULUM & TEACHING||EDUCATION RELIGION||190||180||180|
|CURRICULUM & TEACHING||EDUCATION MATHEMATICS||200||190||180|
|BANKING & FINANCE||B.Sc BANKING & FINANCE||210||200||190|
|BUSINESS MANAGEMENT||B.Sc BUSINESS MANAGEMENT||240||230||225|
|PURE AND APPLIED CHEMISTRY||CHEMISTRY||190||180||180|
|MATHS/STATS & COMP. SC.||COMPUTER SCIENCE||220||210||200|
|MATHS/STATS & COMP. SC.||MATHS/STATS||195||180||180|
|PHYSICS||B.Sc APPLIED GEOPHYSICS||210||185||180|
|PHYSICS||B.Sc PHYSICS (ELECTRONICS AND COMPUTER TECHNOLOGY)||205||185||180|
|GENETICS & BIOTECHNOLOGY||B.SC. GENETICS & BIOTECHNOLOGY||215||195||180|
|ZOOLOGY & ENV. BIOLOGY||B.Sc ZOOLOGY & ENV. BIOLOGY||215||180||180|
|SOCIOLOGY||B.SC SOCIAL WORK||215||200||185|
|GEOGRAPHY AND ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE||B.Sc. ENVIRONMENTAL RESOURCES MANAGEMENT (ERM)||215||200||180|
|GEOGRAPHY AND ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE||B.Sc. GEOGRAPHY AND ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE||220||207||195|
|PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION||B.SC. POLICY AND ADMINISTRATIVE STUDIES||200||190||180|
|PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION||B.SC. PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION||235||227||220|
|POLITICAL SCIENCE||B.Sc. POLITICAL SCIENCE||235||225||220|
UNICAL PUTME PAYMENT AND REGISTRATION PROCEDURES
The following options are available to guide PUTME and DE entry candidates on how to pay and register for their PUTME screening exercise. Candidates can use any of the options convenient enough for them. A charge of Two Thousand Naira only (
N2000) applies to the transactions below for the Aptitude test.
- E-tranzact option: This option can be used in all the commercial banks nationwide. At the bank your are required to pay and obtain an E-transact PIN. With the PIN log into the school portal http://www.myunical.edu.ng and click on the “UTME Admission Screening” link then follow the instructions on the portal after login.
- Buy Post-UTME Pin Online option: With this option candidates can buy Post-UTME pin from the portal. Click “Buy Post-UTME Pin Online” to purchase the Post-UTME pin online. Login with the TRANSACTION ID as the PIN into the portal.
- Scratch Card Option: This option has limited scope and is only available in the following banks within Calabar Metropolis;
- Unical Microfinance Bank
- WEMA Bank
- First city Monument Bank
- Heritage Bank
After you must have bought the scratch card proceed as follows:
- LOG ON TO http://www.myunical.edu.ng and click on the “UTME Admission Screening” link
- On the home page, enter your correct JAMB Registration Number in the box provided
- Enter the scratch card pin in the box provided
- Click on login and follow the online instructions.
- Confirm your entries and CLICK ON SUBMIT
- Print out the completed form.
- Candidates are required to come with their original UTME result slip showing clearly the Candidate’s photograph and other valid information
- The Post UTME exercise is a Computer Based Test (CBT).
- Candidates with any form of disability should please indicate during registration.
- Any candidate who fails to take part in the screening exercise automatically gets disqualified for admission.
- Early registration is advised to avoid congestion and rush hour
- Candidates are strictly advised to ensure that their correct phone numbers are provided while filling the form online as the University will communicate with them directly.
Please if you find this article helpful do well to introduce others to the page , share the link on all available social network platforms ( Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter, etc ) to help inform others . Comments and questions are also permitted for clarity purpose