UNIUYO CUT OFF MARK 2020/2021 (Departmental cut off point for all courses)
Today’s publication is on UNIUYO cut off mark. nigeriaschoolnews.com.ng in its usual manner have gone out of its way to discuss all that concerns UNIUYO, her history, faculties, basic admission requirements, cut off marks and departmental cut off points. If you’re among those asking questions about UNIUYO cut off mark and all the above, your search ends here with this publication. nigeriaschoolnews.com.ng still remains the one and only all in one university school news site.
BRIEF HISTORY OF UNIUYO
The University of Uyo (UNIUYO), formerly known as the University of Cross River State (UNICROSS) whose status and name was changed to it’s current name on 1st October 1991, as a result of the Federal government proclamation is blocated in Uyo, capital of Akwa Ibom State, Southern Nigeria. The University of Cross Rivers State was established by the state government in 1983, after the change of name in 1991, the assets, facilities, students, staff, academic programs, etc, of the former University of Cross River State were transferred to University of Uyo.
Academic activities in the University started during the 1991/92 academic session. UNIUYO currently ranks number 21 in the country and offers Undergraduate and Postgraduate programs. UNIUYO carries out her academic and other administrative activities from four different campuses;
- The Main Campus: This is the permanent site/campus of the University, it houses the following;
- Administrative block
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty Natural and Applied Sciences
- Faculty of Agriculture
- International Centre for Energy and Environmental Sustainability Research (ICEESR), and
- Postgraduate School
- Town Campus: This campus houses the following;
- Faculties of Arts
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Annex Campus: This campus houses the following;
- Faculty of Business Administration
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Environmental Studies and General Studies
- Ime Umana Campus, Ediene Abak: This campus houses the following;
- Pre Degree
- JUPEB, etc
University of Uyo currently has 12 faculties alongside the school of continuing education namely;
1. Faculty of Agriculture.
2. Faculty of Arts.
3. Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences.
4. Faculty of Business Administration.
5. Faculty of Clinical Sciences.
6. Faculty of Education
7. Faculty of Engineering.
8. Faculty of Environmental studies.
9. Faculty of Law.
10. Faculty of Science.
11. Faculty of Social Sciences
12. Faculty of Pharmacy
UNIUYO PIONEER VICE CHANCELLORS
- Professor Rasaki Afolabi Lasisi (1991-2000)
- Professor Akpan Hogan Ekpo (2000-2005)
- Professor Akanerem Idem Essien (2005-2010)
- Professor Comfort Memfin Ekpo (2010-2015)
- Professor Enefiok Essien (2015-Date)
UNIUYO GENERAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
The general requirements for admission into UNIUYO are;
- The candidate must 16 years of age and above
- A minimum jamb score of 180
- Five O’ level credit passes or it’s equivalent including Mathematics and English Language and three other subjects
- Candidates must have the right UTME subject combination
- Candidates must choose UNIUYO while registering for their UTME
UNIUYO CUT OFF MARK 2020/2021
The Joint Admission and Matriculation board (JAMB) has approved a benchmark of 180 for candidates applying to UNIUYO for admission. Candidates with scores of 180 and above are free to register for and partake in the PUTME screening exercise.
UNIUYO DEPARTMENTAL CUT OFF MARK
|FACULTIES/DEPTS||CUT OFF MARK|
|Faculty of Arts|
|History & Intl. Studies||180|
|Religious & Cultural Studies||181|
|Faculty of Social Sciences|
|Geography & Regional Planning||189|
|PoliticalScience and Public Administration||186|
|Sociology & Anthropology||180|
|Faculty of Business Administration|
|Banking and Finance||181|
|Faculty of Education|
|Fine Arts Education||180|
|Political Science Education||183|
|Social Studies Education||182|
|Education and Social Science||180|
|Guidance and Counseling||181|
|Pre- primary & Primary Education||181|
|Faculty of Law|
|Faculty of Agriculture|
|Agric. Economics & Extension||180|
|Fisheries & Aquaculture||180|
|Food Science & Technology||180|
|Forestry & Wildlife||184|
|Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences|
|Botany & Ecological Studies||180|
|Faculty of Clinical Sciences|
|Medicine & Surgery (MBBS)||227|
|Faculty of Pharmacy|
|Faculty of Science|
|Faculty of Environmental Studies|
|Geo informatics & Surveying||181|
|Urban & Regional Planning||180|
|Faculty of Engineering|
Please if you find this article helpful do well to introduce others to the page , share the link on all available social network platforms ( Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter, etc ) to help inform others . Comments and questions are also permitted for clarity purpose