UNIMED cut off Mark for the 2020/2021 academic session is out. The cut off Mark for the 2020/2021 academic session is 180, Eligible candidates are hereby invited to apply for admission as the Post-UTME/Direct Entry Form is out and Registration is ongoing.
BRIEF HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSITY OF MEDICAL SCIENCES ONDO STATE, UNIMED
The University of Medical Sciences (UNIMED), Ondo, Ondo State is the first specialized University of Medical Sciences established in 2014 with the mission to foster excellence in teaching, research and service delivery in all health science disciplines. Until recently, Ondo State was noted by the World Bank to have the worst healthcare indices in South-West, Nigeria. One woman died every 16 minutes during childbirth and one in 10 children died before one year of age. His Excellency, the Governor of Ondo State, Dr. Olusegun Mimiko on assumption of office in February, 2009 decided to reverse this alarming and unacceptably high trend in rates of maternal and child mortality in the State. In particular, the government identified the lack of access to quality health care as the major issue that need to be addressed to improve various indicators of health in the state. At that time, Ondo State was the only State that did not have federal presence in terms of quality tertiary health care services. To address these myriad of problems the Ondo State government under Dr. Olusegun Mimiko set up the Mother and Child Hospitals (MCH) at Akure and Ondo to provide quality free health services for pregnant women and children up to five years of age. Thus, with the Abiye (Safe Motherhood) project and the Mother and Child Hospital, Healthcare delivery in the State was turned around.
In 2014, the Executive Governor of Ondo State, His Excellency Dr. Olusegun Mimiko, signed into law the bill for the establishment of the University of Medical Sciences, Ondo proposed by the Ondo State House of Assembly under Schedule 1, Section 5(2), and Article 39(1) of Ondo State Laws. The Law was designed to find ways to sustain the delivery of model health services that had been the hallmark of the administration of the State under Governor Mimiko. To sustain such a groundbreaking vision, and to ensure high quality delivery of health services for all Nigerians, the idea of a University came to the fore.
Since its establishment, the University has created a niche for itself in being one of the few public universities with a stable uninterrupted academic calendar and exceptionally high quality educational delivery.
University Of Medical Sciences Ondo State, (UNIMED) JAMB/UTME Cut Off Mark 2020/2021
UNIMED cut off Mark for the 2020/2021 Academic Session is out. UNIMED in accordance with the provisions of JAMB has fixed her cut off mark for the 2020/2021 academic session, this cut off mark alongside other eligibility criteria qualifies a candidate to sit for post UTME Screening exercise and consequently if successful gain admission into any department of the university.
The UNIMED fixed JAMB cut off mark is 180, any Candidate that score 180 and above is eligible for PUTME.
UNIMED POST UTME/DIRECT ENTRY SCREENING FORM FOR 2020/2021 ACADEMIC SESSION
The Post-UTME/Direct Entry Screening Form for the 2020/2021 Academic Session of the University of Medical Sciences Ondo State, is out. All qualified and eligible candidates seeking admission into the Institution are hereby invited to apply for admission for the 2020/2021 Academic Session into the following Faculties / Disciplines:
Faculty of Clinical Sciences
1. Medicine and Surgery (MBBS)
Faculty of Dental Sciences
1. Dentistry (BDS)
Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences
1. Anatomy (B.Sc.)
2. Biochemistry (B.Sc.)
3. Physiology (B.Sc.)
Faculty of Allied Health Sciences
1. Physiotherapy (B.PT)
2. Medical Laboratory Science (BMLS)
Faculty of Nursing Science
1. Nursing Science (B.NSc.)
Faculty of Science
1. Physics with Electronics (B.Sc.)
2. Chemistry (B.Sc.)
3. Biological Sciences (Animal & Environmental Biology; Microbiology; Plant Biology and Biotechnology Options) (B.Sc.)
4. Mathematics (B.Sc.)
UNIMED POST UTME ELIGIBILITY
To be an eligible candidate for the UNIMED Post-UTME Screening Exercise you must completely fulfill the following criteria
1. To be eligible for the screening, candidates must choose the University of Medical Sciences, Ondo, as their first and/or second choice in the 2020 UTME and score a minimum of 180
2. Candidates who scored 180 and above and didn’t choose the University of Medical Sciences, Ondo, in the 2020 UTME but are able and willing to change to the University will also be eligible for the screening.
3. Additionally, Candidates must possess a minimum of five (5) credit passes at one sitting in relevant O/level subjects including English Language and Mathematics for the MBBS/BDS programme and not more than two sittings in relevant O/Level subjects including English and Mathematics for other programmes in the University.
4. Direct entry candidates who have already applied to JAMB and who possess minimum of 10 points in relevant ‘A’ level subjects or a B.Sc. (Hons) degree in the basic medical or biological sciences with a minimum of second class (lower division) are also eligible to apply for Medicine and Surgery and Dentistry Courses.
JAMB UTME SUBJECTS COMBINATION
All courses in the Medical/Health related Faculties require English Language, Physics, Chemistry and Biology in UTME while Candidates in Mathematics require English Language, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology in the UTME.
HOW TO APPLY FOR UNIMED POST UTME FORM
To apply for the UNIMED Post-UTME Form Eligible candidates should follow the procedures below;
1. log on to the University website www.unimed.edu.ng and take the following steps:
2. Click on Admission;
3. Click on Post-UTME to access the Post-UTME Portal;
4. Click on Post UTME PAYMENT to make payment of Twelve Thousand Naira (#12,000) only via online payment system using VISA or MASTER Card or through commercial Bank deposit, Note that VERVE Card is not allowed;
5. Click on Payment confirmation if
payment was made through commercial Bank deposit;
6. After payment, Print Payment Receipt
7. Go back to the Post-UTME Portal, Click on Application Form with your UTME Registration Number and Payment Transaction ID to complete the screening form.
CLOSING DATE: No Specific Closing Date Yet
UNIMED POST UTME SCREENING DATE/SCHEDULE
The Screening Exercise is scheduled to start from 25th – 27th November, 2020, 7.00am daily.
Candidates are advised to print out their Registration Slip having their exact date and time of screening later from the portal.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POST UTME SCREENING EXERCISE
1. All Post UTME candidates are required to come along with the following items to the screening venue:
a. JAMB UTME Notification of Results or Registration Slips for Direct-Entry Candidates;
b. Printed copy of the completed 2020/2021 Admission Screening slip.
2. Direct Entry Candidates are to forward their Transcript directly to the Registrar, University of Medical Sciences.
- Payment for the Purchase of the Post-UTME Screening Form can only be made through the UNIMED Payment platform as stated above, For no reason and on NO ACCOUNT should Candidates make payments to any personal or unauthorized accounts.
- Any candidate who fails to present himself/herself for the Admission Screening Exercise will NOT be considered for admission.
- Beware of Fraudsters and People parading themselves as agents of the university. Please note that the university doesn’t have any agent representing them to that regard
For more information or clarifications, candidates can;
- Use the comment section to ask their questions to seek clarification;
- Send an e-mail to email@example.com, or call the following phone numbers: +234-706-957-3618, +234-905-826-3636.
UNIMED DEPARTMENTAL CUT OFF MARK 2020/2021
The official departmental cut off mark for 2020/2021 have been released by University Of Medical Sciences Ondo State, (UNIMED).
UNIMED has a uniform cut off mark of 180 across all departments. Candidates who have scored 180 and above in their JAMB are eligible to apply for PUTME into their choice departments. Candidates should also know that some departments have higher cut off marks above 180.
Please should you find this article helpful do well to introduce others to the page , share the link on all available social network platforms (Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter, etc) to help inform others . Comments and questions are also permitted for clarity purpose