NOUN ADMISSION FORM 2021/2022 ACADEMIC SESSION
The Admission form for National Open University Of Nigeria, (NOUN), for the 2021/2022 academic session is now on sale. The Application Form is open to Admissions into Certificate Programs, Diploma, Undergraduate, Post Graduate Diploma, Masters Degree, and Doctor of Philosophy Programmes for the 2021/2022 Academic Session.
Programs being applied for must be among the list of programs available in NOUN
LIST OF AVAILABLE PROGRAMS IN NOUN
Prospective candidates applying to NOUN must choose from the list of available programs for their applications to be valid
NOUN Admission Requirements
Candidates applying for admission into any program in National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) is expected to obtain the following basic minimum requirements;
Candidates seeking admission into National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) to study any program starting from 100 Level is expected to possess a minimum of Five (5) O’level credits in WASSCE/NECO/GCE/NABTEB or their equivalent at not more than two sittings. The credited subjects must include English Language, Mathematics and three other course related subjects.
Candidates seeking admission into National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) to study any program starting from 200 Level is expected to possess any of the following;
(1). National Diploma (ND), from a recognized Institution with a minimum of Upper Credit.
(2). National Certificate in Education (NCE), from a recognized Institution of Education or Affiliate and must posses a minimum of one merit and two passes in subjects related and relevant to the proposed course of study.
(3). Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB), with at least two A’Level passes in relevant subjects and pre-requisite number of O’Level credit passes.
- To qualify for admission into any of the postgraduate programmes of the University, a candidate must meet, among others, all matriculation requirements of at least five (5) credit passes including English Language and Mathematics. Some programmes accept at least a pass in Mathematics.
- For Postgraduate Diploma Programmes, Candidates must possess either a minimum of pass Bachelors Degree in any discipline from a University recognised by the Senate of the NOUN OR a Higher National Diploma with a minimum of Lower Credit. For the Postgraduate Diploma in Legislative Drafting, the candidate must have been called to the Bar. Also for admission into the school of Business and Human Resource Management Postgraduate Diploma programmes, candidates with professional qualifications such as ACA, ACIS, ACIB, ACII, ACIA, etc may be considered on individual merit.
- For Master degree programmes, candidates must possess either a Bachelors Degree with a minimum of second class lower in the relevant field of study from a University recongnised by the Senate of the NOUN. However, holders of lower classification and with a minimum of 2 years of relevant post-qualification experience may be considered on individual merit OR a Postgraduate Diploma in related field of study from a recongnised University OR A Higher National Diploma with a minimum of Upper Credit in the relevant field of study. Candidate with membership certificate of relevant professional bodies may apply for the Master of Business (MBA) programme.
- For the Doctor of Philosophy Degree prorammes, candidates must possess a masters degree in relevant field of study from a University recongised by the Senate of the NOUN with a minimum score average of not less than 60% or a cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5 on a 5-point scale.
PROCEDURES ON HOW TO APPLY FOR NOUN ADMISSION
The application to NOUN is an online activity physical registration involving submission of hard copies may not be needed. To register online follow the registration procedures below;
- Visit the site at www.nouonline.net
- On the Home Page, go to the Menu Bar, Click on Apply for Admission
- Select either Undergraduate Programme or Postgraduate Programme. Other programme is not available at the moment
- Go to “Choose Faculty” (note it can be found at the left hand side of the screen)
- Select Faculty and Fill the displayed form then Click below to view admission criteria
- Click “Apply” to proceed and take note of the UNIQUE ID displayed
- Click ‘Continue’ button, Select Bank Branch as payment type and Click “Pay”
- Copy and take your RRR number to any bank branch for payment.
- After payment, Perform step 1 to 3 above then go to “Continue After Payment”
- Input Unique ID, RRR number and Programme then Click “Proceed”
- Fill the Form bearing in mind that all fields marked with red star are compulsory.
- After filling the form, Click “Submit” and Print Admission Letter
- Visit the nearest study centre for screening
- Additional requirements might apply for some programmes and these can be viewed after selecting the Programme and entry level at the Faculty’s admission page.
- Applicants who had paid using an RRR generated last semester or earlier must restart the application process upto the point when they are re-directed to remita. They should now use the newly generated UniqueID with the old RRR used for payment when they click Proceed after payment.
- In all cases a successful payment will lead to the generation of an online application form which should be filled before submission online. The admission process is automated and the outcome is virtually instantaneous
- NOUN does not have an Application Closing date ie Application is always Open.
Please should you find this article helpful do well to introduce others to the page , share the link on all available social network platforms (Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter, etc) to help inform others . Comments and questions are also permitted for clarity purpose.