Application for Admission into the Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna 73rd Regular Course 2021/2022 academic session is on going already. The general public is hereby informed that the online application which started on Saturday 23rd January 2021 will be open until Saturday 24th April 2021.
ELEGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR NDA CADETS
Prospective Cadets applying for admission into the Nigerian Defence Academy must also apply to the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), sit for the UNIFIED TERTIARY MATRICULATION EXAMINATIONS (UTME) and must select Nigeria Defence Academy as their First Choice of Institution.
Additionally, Candidates eligible for 73 Regular Course admission into the Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) must have the following:
- Must be medically and physically fit and must be of good moral character.
- Must be a single male or female without legal obligation to support any child or other individuals.
- Present a Certificate of indigeneship from the state government or local government area.
- Be at least 17 years old and NOT more than 21 years old as at the month of September in the year of entry into the Academy.
- Must have a minimum of 5 ordinary level credits at GCE, SSCE (WAEC, NECO, NBAIS and NABTEB) English language, Mathematics and three other subjects which are relevant to the intended programme at not more than two sittings.
- Must have passed the Unified Tertiary Matriculation examinations (UTME) and attain an acceptable minimum national standard (as determined by JAMB annual policy meeting) in English language, Mathematics and any other 2 subjects relevant to the proposed course of study as set out by the JAMB Brochure.
- Must NOT be less than 1.68 meters tall for male and 1.65 meters for female.
- French and Arabic, Madarin language is an added advantage.
- Application forms submitted without ordinary level results will NOT be accepted.
- Candidates awaiting results are not qualified.
- Only ordinary level examination results of NOT more than 5 years old from the date of examination will be accepted.
- Admission into the Academy is for both male and female Nigerians only.
Interested applicants must know that it’s only the 2021/2022 JAMB registrations that will be accepted. Applications can always be saved while update on the JAMB NUMBER and SLIP can be made when available.
NOTE: If you have already submitted your form with a previous JAMB NUMBER and SLIP, You can Login to your account and click on ‘REVERT SUBMISSION‘. This will allow you make modifications to your application
NDA METHOD OF APPLICATION
Application into Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) is open to both Nigerian male and female, interested candidates are to simply go online and follow the guidelines below
- Log on to the application portal at rcapplications.nda.edu. and select “Purchase Form”
- Generate a Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) code through the Application portal.
- Using the generated RRR code, pay the sum of Three Thousand Five Hundred Naira (
N3,500) only for the Application via REMITA.
- Complete the Online Application Form then download and read carefully the instructions provided on the website.
- Scan and upload your SSCE result(s) Online then submit the completed application form together with your scanned SSCE result
- Upon successful submission, download an Acknowledgment Form
NDA APPLICATION PROCESS
STEP 1: CREATE AN ACCOUNT
For First timers the NDA application first step is to create an account, then for those who already have an existing account click on “Log in” or “Application Status” and enter your account Username and Password.
You’ll only be able to purchase a form and also complete your application over several sessions through your account. Incase you’re not able to complete your application in one session you can come back to your application some other sessions by signing in under “Log in” or “Application Status”. If you have started an application previously, you can always login to continue as your application is always secured.
STEP 2: PAY AND PURCHASE APPLICATION FORM
Having created your account in step 1 above the next step is to pay and purchase your Application Form. Applicants can choose to pay for their Application Forms Online via the portal or via REMITA Retrieval Reference (RRR) at any Nigerian bank of their choice.
•To pay Online, Login to the application portal, choose ‘Pay Online’.
•To pay via REMITA Retrieval Reference (RRR) at any Nigerian bank of your choice, login to the application portal, choose ‘Pay at Bank Branch’ and follow the instructions to complete the payment process.
STEP 3: UPLOAD DOCUMENTS
The next step to take after purchasing and completely filling out your Application Form is the Uploading of necessary Documents and Credentials. The necessary Documents and Credentials must be scanned and uploaded online then submitted alongside the online Application Form.
Kindly note that your application is not complete until all copies of your Credentials have been uploaded and submitted along with your application.
STEP 4: APPLICATION REVIEW
Upon online submission of application to Nigeria Defence Academy (NDA), the appropriate admission officials will review the application. Note that you must complete all the required application procedures and processes before the deadline of the application.
STEP 5: CHECKING OF APPLICATION STATUS
Once the above steps are completed, applicants can then check their Application Status by logging into the system with their login details assigned to them for the application.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR VARIOUS NDA UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMS AND COURSES
COURSE REQUIREMENTS FOR FACULTY OF SCIENCE
- COURSE REQUIREMENTS FOR FACULTY OF MILITARY SCIENCES AND INTERDISCIPLINARY STUDIES
- COURSE REQUIREMENTS FOR FACULTY OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY
- COURSE REQUIREMENTS FOR FACULTY OF ARTS AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
- COURSE REQUIREMENTS FOR FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
CONDITION FOR THE SCREENING TEST
Applicants applying to Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) for admission into the Faculties of Arts & Social Sciences and Science must in addition to satisfying the admission requirements above have a minimum UTME score of 180 while applicants for Engineering courses must have a minimum UTME score of 210 alongside other admission requirements before they’ll be enabled to print the Screening Test Admission Card and participate in the NDA Screening Test at the centre of choice.
SCREENING TEST DATE AND REQUIREMENTS
The screening test will be conducted as phase one of the POST-UTME screening. Therefore, all elegible candidates are to bring along their Acknowledgement Form, Screening Test Admission Card, JAMB Result slip and (2) postcard size (3.5 x 5 inches) photographs to the Screening Test Centre. The photographs would show only from the chest upwards and should contain the candidate’s Name, Exam number, State, Exam centre, Course of study and Signature at the back.
Only Successful candidates at the NDA Screening Test will subsequently be invited for the Armed Forces Selection Board (phase 2 of the screening test) following which the list of admitted candidates will be published.
NATURE AND DURATION OF TRAINING
Candidates admitted into Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) for Regular Course will undergo military and academic training as Officer Cadets for a duration of Five (5) years for Nigerian Army Cadets, Four (4) years for Nigerian Navy and Nigerian Air Force Cadets. On successful completion of training, graduands will earn an honors degree in a core discipline (Bsc, BEng, BA). They will equally earn a Presidential Commission into the Armed Forces of Nigeria
Please should you find this article helpful do well to introduce others to the page , share the link on all available social network platforms (Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter, etc) to help inform others . Comments and questions are also permitted for clarity purpose.