The FUNAAB Cut off Mark as approved by JAMBfor the 2020/2021 academic session has been fixed at 180.
Federal University Of Agriculture Abeokuta (FUNAAB) JAMB/UTME Cut Off Mark 2020/2021
The FUNAAB Cut off Mark as approved by JAMB for the 2020/2021 academic session has been fixed at 180, in respect of this, candidates with a UTME score of 180 and above that also meet other eligibility requirements for admission are qualified to take part in the PUTME screening exercise when the time is due. Candidates are therefore advised to carefully read through the eligibility requirements below to avoid making mistakes.
Eligibility for Pre-Admission Screening Exercises
These are basic requirements that must be fulfilled mandatorily by both Direct Entry and UTME candidates before they can gain admission into the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB).
UTME: Pre-Admission Screening Exercise
UTME candidates seeking for admission can only be eligible for Pre-Admission Screening Exercise if they have sat for and scored points between 180 and 200 (depending on the program applied for) in the UTME of the year under review. Read carefully to find out programs whose minimum expected UTME score is 180 and those whose Score is 200.
Direct Entry: Pre-Admission Screening Exercise
Direct Entry candidates seeking admission can only be eligible for Pre-Admission Screening Exercise if they have applied to JAMB for admission into the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB), have a minimum of Upper-Credit or its equivalent and have forwarded their Academic Transcripts to the Registrar, FUNAAB.
General Information and Requirements For UTME Admission into 100 Level:
Applications must be from suitably qualified candidates who have chosen the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB) as their First Choice of Institution on the prescribed form obtained from the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB).
It is the responsibility of Candidates seeking admission into the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta to make sure they are qualified and that they meet the minimum requirements for admission before making any payment. Payments made blindly without this confirmation will not be refunded and admission shall be revoked if it has been offered already.
Admission into Agriculture, Engineering, Biosciences, Physical Sciences and Veterinary Medicine Courses
Alongside the Pre-Admission Screening Exercise Eligibility, candidates seeking admission to study any of the courses mentioned above must possess five (5) O’level Credits in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and Biology at not more than two (2) sittings.
Candidates with Passes in Physics at O’Level can be accepted for courses in Agricultural Programs only.
A Pass in Biology with Credit in Agricultural Science is acceptable ONLY for courses in Agricultural Programs. The University does not accept Agricultural Science in place of Biology.
Candidates applying for Water Resources Management should also possess a Credit in Geography.
General Information and Requirements For Direct Entry (DE) Admission into 200 Level:
It is the responsibility of Direct Entry Candidates seeking admission into the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta to make sure they are qualified and that they meet the minimum Direct Entry requirements for admission at O’Level, OND, NCE or HND before making any payment. Payments made blindly without this confirmation will not be refunded and admission shall be revoked if it has been offered already.
Admission Into 200 Level Agriculture, Engineering, Biosciences, Physical Sciences and Veterinary Medicine Courses
Alongside the O’Level and minimum UTME requirements, candidates seeking admission by Direct Entry are expected to possess a minimum of upper credit at OND or HND and CREDIT at NCE for admissions into related courses from a recognized institution. Also, a minimum of two A-Level/IJMB/JUPEB passes in the following: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry or Biology/Zoology/Botany are acceptable for admission into 200 Level.
Lower credits aren’t accepted at FUNAAB for Direct Entry Admission.
Online Application Procedure/Guidelines
- Eligible candidates are to log on to FUNAAB Admission Portal at www.unaab.edu.ng and click on “Apply for Admission” after which they should enter their JAMB UTME or JAMB Direct Entry Registration Numbers to generate and print out their Application Invoice. The Application invoice shows the candidates Reference Number and other information on payment of a non-refundable fee of Two Thousand Naira (
N2,000) only, excluding REMITA charges
- Having done the above, Candidates should then proceed to make the prescribed payments using the REMITA Reference Number. The payments can be done using any of the following options; Bank payments through any Bank accepting REMITA payment nationwide, Online using debit card or via Internet Banking.
- After payment, candidates are to go back to FUNAAB Admission Portal www.unaab.edu.ng and complete the e-application form.
- Candidates are required to correctly input their Bio-data, O’Level results, OND/HND/NCE/A-Level/IJMB/JUPEB results where necessary and upload a recent coloured passport photograph (not more than 6 months old).
- After uploading all the required details, candidates are to make sure they preview and confirm the entries before clicking on Submit on the acknowledgement page.
- Candidates should thereafter print out the Application Form showing their passport photograph.
- Should any candidate wrongly enter their data, a penalty fee of One Thousand Naira (N1,000) only will be charged for correction and the correction must be done online not later than the closing date of the application.
- Once the application date elapses no complaint of wrong Bio-Data, O’Level results, OND/HND/NCE/A-Level/IJMB/JUPEB results or blank picture would be entertained.
- Candidates who uploaded wrong Bio-Data, O’ Level results and UTME/OND/HND/NCE/A’Level/IJMB/JUPEB results will be automatically disqualified.
FUNAAB DEPARTMENTAL CUT OFF MARK 2020/2021
Officially there’s no departmental cut off Mark for the 2020/2021 academic session yet. However, these are the run down of courses offered in FUNAAB and their already existing cut off marks
Departments with 180 as cut off mark are as follows;
- Agricultural Administration
- Agricultural Economics and Farm Management
- Agricultural Extension and Rural Development
- Animal Nutrition
- Animal Physiology,
- Animal Production and Health
- Aquaculture and Fisheries Management
- Animal Breeding and Genetics
- Agricultural Administration
- Crop Protection
- Environmental Management and Toxicology
- Forestry and Wildlife Management
- Pasture and Range Management
- Plant Breeding and Seed Technology
- Plant Physiology and Crop Production
- Soil Science and Land Management
- Water Resources Management and Agro-meteorology
Departments with 200 as cut off mark are as follows;
- Biological Sciences
- Computer Science
- Food Science and Technology
- Home Science and Management
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Nutrition and Dietetics
- Agricultural Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechatronic Engineering
- Veterinary Medicine
For Courses like Medicine/Surgery and Nursing, a minimum jamb score of 220 is required to be eligible to sit for the Post UTME
Should there be any questions and/or enquires on the Pre-Admission Screening Exercise or other related issues, candidates can contact the school through the following e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please should you find this article helpful do well to introduce others to the page , share the link on all available social network platforms ( Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter, etc ) to help inform others . Comments and questions are also permitted for clarity purpose