ENUGU STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY ( ESUT ) CUT OFF MARK 2020/2021 (Departmental Cut Off Point For all Courses)
The cut off mark for Enugu State University of Science and Technology (ESUT) for the 2020/2021 academic session has been released, prospective candidates of ESUT are hereby advised to stay glued to this publication for updates.
Brief History Of Enugu State University Of Science and Technology ( ESUT )
Enugu State University of Science and Technology (ESUT) is one of the Universities set up in the Eastern part of Nigeria that was initially established as ASUTECH on July 30, 1980.
The University was built up as a non private multi-campus establishment. On establishment, the University made a great milestone and registered its name as the first University of Technology and first State University in Nigeria with her fundamental campus at Enugu. Different campuses that were made later were situated at Abakiliki, Awka and Nnewi. At commencement, just three faculties to be specific; Faculties of Engineering, Science and Technology were built up at the two campuses at Enugu and Awka.
The college was considered with the intent to set up an institution that must be firmly identified with the society and its industry. Late Professor Kenneth Onwuka Dike was appointed as the first President and Chief Executive of the university immediately after the enactment of the law establishing the university by the then Anambra State House of Assembly. An inaugural Provincial Council was also instituted with late Professor Onwuka Dike as its first Chairman/President between (Oct 1980 – Oct 1983).
In 1991, after the creation of Enugu State from the old Anambra State the new Government changed the name from ASUTECH to ESUT. ESUT anyway held and embraced all the characters of the old ASUTECH including its tangible and intangible assets ranging from her main campus down to her aims and objectives.
As different from the initial three faculties she had at inception, ESUT now has a good number of faculties as follows;
FACULTIES IN ESUT
- Faculty of Agricultural & Natural Resources Management
- Faculty of Applied Natural Sciences
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Environmental Sciences
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Management Sciences
- Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Faculty of Social Sciences.
However, the successes and achievements of the institution were all recorded under the regime and tenures of the following Vice Chancellors;
PAST AND PRESENT VICE CHANCELLORS OF ESUT
- Professor Chiweyite Ejike as Vice Chancellor (1987 – 1991)
- Prof. Julius Onuorah Onah as the Vice Chancellor (1992 – 1996)
- Professor T.C. Nwodo (Acting Vice Chancellor)
- Professor Mark Anikpo (Acting Vice Chancellor)
- Professor Samuel C. Chukwu as the Vice Chancellor (Jan. 2000-Dec. 2003)
- Professor Ikechukwu Chidobem (2006-2010)
- Professor Cyprian Onyeji (2010-2015)
- Professor Dennis Onah Christopher (2015)
- Professor Luke Okechukwu Anike (2015-2020)
- Professor Charles Ezeh (Acting Vice Chancellor 2020-Date)
ENUGU STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY ( ESUT ) CUT OFF MARK 2020/2021
The cut off mark for Enugu State University Of Science and Technology (ESUT) for the 2020/2021 academic session has been fixed at 170. Candidates are therefore notified that should they score 170 and above in their 2020 UTME they will be qualified to partake in the PUTME screening exercise.
GENERAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR UNDERGRADUATES
To become a student of ESUT, the following General Entry Requirements must be met;
- ESUT must be your first or second choice University.
- Candidates applying must not be less than sixteen (16) years of age, persons below this age may not be admitted to the University as a student.
- The candidate must score a minimum of 180 and above in JAMB
- Candidates applying for admission to study any of her courses must possess five O’level credit passes which must include a credit pass in English Language and a Science subject in not more than two sittings.
- For Medicine and Nursing, your O’ level complete result must be in one sitting only
- Candidates must have the right subject combinations in UTME
- Entry requirement for Direct Entry must include UTME requirement for that particular course.
- Prospective candidates for the University should also visit their proposed departments for updates on Departmental Entry requirements
ESUT DEPARTMENTAL CUT OFF MARK
In addition to scoring 170 in UTME, candidates must beat the departmental cut off mark in their PUTME to be able to be admitted into the department. Also, candidates must be reminded that to arrive at the average cut off mark both the UTME and PUTME scores are involved therefore, they must endeavor to score high at both examinations.
|DEPARTMENT||CUT OFF MARK|
|Vocational and Technical Education||180|
|Technology and Vocational Education||180|
|Food Science and Technology||180|
|Animal Science and Fisheries Management||180|
|Physical and Health Education||180|
|Guidance and Counseling||180|
|Agronomy and Ecological Management||180|
|Agricultural Economics and Extension||180|
|Educational Administration and Supervision||180|
|Education and Chemistry||180|
|Insurance and Risk Management||180|
|Cooperative and Rural Development||180|
|Education and Biology||180|
|Education and Mathematics||180|
|Accountancy and Accounting||180|
|Agricultural science and Education||180|
|Sociology and Anthropology||180|
|Geography and Meteorology||180|
|Banking and Finance||180|
|Mathematics and Statistics||180|
|Geology and Mining||190|
|Medicine and Surgery||240|
|Urban and Regional Planning||180|
|Surveying and Geoinformatics||180|
|Metallurgical and Materials Engineering||190|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering||190|
Please if you find this article helpful do well to introduce others to the page , share the link on all available social network platforms ( Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter, etc ) to help inform others . Comments and questions are also permitted for clarity purpose