Benue State University Makurdi (BSUM) has officially released her cut off Mark for the 2020/2021 academic session. Officially the management of BSUM have fixed the cut off Mark at 180.
Benue State University JAMB/UTME Cut Off Mark 2020/2021
Benue State University Makurdi (BSUM) has officially released her cut off Mark for the 2020/2021 academic session. Officially the management of BSUM have fixed the cut off Mark at 180, prospective students of BSUM are therefore expected to score a minimum of 180 in their 2020 UTME alongside meeting the other admission criteria to be eligible to take part in the PTUME screening exercise and admission process.
BSUM GENERAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR UTME AND DE CANDIDATES
To be eligible to gain admission into any department in BSUM, the candidate must meet a number of compulsory requirements, these requirements are ;
A. For admission into 100 Level (UTME) candidates must:
- Score a minimum of 180 and above in relevant UTME subjects and beat the departmental cut off mark
- Obtain a minimum of five (5) O’level Credit passes or its equivalent which must include English Language, Mathematics and 3 other subjects related to your chosen course
- Have the right subject combinations in UTME
- Candidates can combine results but the year written on both must not be more than 2 years apart.
- Make BSUM their first or second choice University.
B. For DE admission into 200 level (Diploma, ND & HND), candidates should in addition to obtaining a minimum of five O’level credit passes or its equivalent which must include English Language, Mathematics and three other course related subjects obtain a minimum of Upper Credit in their ND or HND. Candidates with Distinction however, have better chances than the others.
DE candidates most times are also required to participate in the post UTME Screening exercise especially when coming from other institutions like polytechnics or colleges of education.
In addition to the above general requirements, prospective students must satisfy faculty/departmental requirements.
BSUM DEPARTMENTAL CUT OFF MARK 2020/2021
The official departmental cut off mark for 2020/2021 have been released by Benue State University ( BSUM)
These are the run down of courses offered in BSUM and their various cut off marks :
Faculty of Medicine & Surgery has a departmental cut off mark of 250
Faculty of Law has a departmental cut off mark of 240
Faculty of Biological Sciences with Courses like;
Has a departmental cut off mark of 190
Faculty of Physical Sciences with Courses like ;
Has a general cut off mark of 190
Faculty of Engineering with Courses like ;
Electrical/Electronics Engineering, etc
Has a general cut off mark of 220
BSUM REGISTRATION PROCEDURES
Candidates who applied for admission into Benue State University are to follow the steps and procedures below to confirm their admission and register if they’ve been offered admission:
- Firstly, Candidates must confirm their admission status on the BSUM portal, to confirm they will have to pay a non-refundable Admission Verification fee of four hundred (
N400) Naira only using the e-payment procedure.
- Secondly, those candidates who were offered admission are required to do the following:
- Accept or Reject the admission, if accepted they should proceed to pay an acceptance fee of ten thousand (
N10,000) Naira only using the e-payment procedure.
- Candidates who were given different courses and admitted into departments different from the ones they initially applied for should immediately do a change of course on the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) website.
3. Thirdly, those Successful candidates who have accepted their Admission should proceed to upload the following documents for online screening:
- Original academic qualifications (WAEC, NECO, GCE, etc)
- Original JAMB Result slip with the candidate’s passport photograph enclosed in it
- Original Direct Entry Online e-registration printout with enclosed passport photograph (For DE Candidates only)
- Birth certificate/declaration of age
- Certificate of State Origin
4. Also, candidates who were successful at the online screening exercise should revisit the Benue State University portal and print out their admission letters.
5. Lastly, to make e-payments candidates must follow these guidelines below:
i. First, Visit www.bsum.edu.ng or https://www.portal.bsum.edu.ng
ii. Then Click on e-Payment platform to open the e-Payment Form
iii. When the e-Payment Form comes up, select program, Payment Category then type in your JAMB Registration Number, afterwards Select session or semester as applicable.
iv. Thirdly, Click on “Generate Payment Reference” to generate payment number.
v. Then Click on the link to proceed.
vi. When that is done, you’ll have the following payment OPTIONS:
A. BSUM CASH PAYMENTS AT BANK
Before going to the bank to make payments, Candidates should make sure they complete and printout their Payment Reference Number slip from the e-Payment Platform from the University website or Portal first then take it to the bank. Once the Bank receives your cash, they’ll use “College Pay” to process your transaction and generate Payment Receipt for you. Any of the following Bank Branches nation-wide can be used to make such payments.
- Fidelity Bank Plc.
- Zenith Bank Plc.
- ECO Bank Plc.
- Guaranty Trust Bank Plc.
- Sterling Bank Plc.
- Diamond Bank Plc.
- First Bank of Nigeria Plc.
- United Bank for Africa Plc.
- Unity Bank Plc.
- Union Bank of Nigeria Plc.
- Skye Bank Plc.
B. BSUM ATM MODE OF PAYMENT
ATM payments can be done from anywhere or any part of the world, all the Candidate need to do is to visit the ATM machine of any bank of their choice with their ATM card and do the following:
i. On the ATM menu Select Quick teller
ii. Then Select pay bills.
iii. Enter the Payment reference number generated from the E-Payment platform when you are requested to enter the Customer ID.
iv. Fill in 04255101 when you are requested to enter the Payment Code.
v. Enter your GSM Phone Number and complete the transaction.
After successfully completing the payment, return to the portal, login and print out your Payment Receipt.
C. BSUM QUICK TELLER MODE OF PAYMENT For candidates who may want to make payments using Quickteller from the Internet they should Visit the quickteller website at www.quickteller.com/bsum to complete your transaction. To make payments they have to do the following:
i. Insert your Registration number
ii. Insert your valid email address and mobile phone number and click “continue”.
iii. Follow the instructions on the screen to complete your payment.
iv. Print out the payment confirmation slip.
v. Return to the portal and print out a payment confirmation slip.
Should any information provided be found to be false or Forged, the candidate’s admission will be automatically withdrawn aside other penalties that he/she may likely face.
Please should you find this article helpful do well to introduce others to the page , share the link on all available social network platforms ( Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter, etc ) to help inform others . Comments and questions are also permitted for clarity purpose