AMBROSE ALLI UNIVERSITY EKPOMA (AAU) CUT OFF MARK 2020 / 2021 (Departmental cut off points for all courses)
The cut off mark for Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU), and other topics as it concerns the history, admission, General requirements for admission, departmental cut off marks etc, for AAU were all discussed in this publication. If you are a candidate with the intention of seeking for admission into the institution this publication is recommended for you as all the information contained herein are valid and up to date
BRIEF HISTORY OF AAU
Ambrose Alli University (AAU)is a university initially established as Bendel State University Ekpoma in 1981 by the first Executive governor of Bendel State (now Edo and Delta States), Professor Ambrose F. Alli. She changed her name to Edo State University after the creation of Edo State in 1992 which was later changed in 1999 to Ambrose Alli University in honor of its pioneer founder after an Act passed by the State House of Assembly was signed into law by the then Executive Governor of Edo State, Chief Lucky Nosakhare Igbinedion.
The first matriculation ceremony of the institution took place on the 8th of February 1982 where about 408 out of 15,000 applicants were selected
The university has been accredited and is recognized by the National Universities Commission (NUC). According to the country’s universities ranking she occupies the 71 position, she is currently digitizing her operations to a world class level by 2020, with the aim of making it the best state-owned university in Nigeria.
As different from the Collegiate system recommended by the commission set up for the establishment of Bendel State University and other institutions on the 15th of January 1981, AAU now operates the faculty structure. AAU currently has 14 faculties two of which are under the College of Medicine, the faculties are;
FACULTIES IN AAU
- Faculty of Agriculture
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Communication Sciences
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Engineering & Technology
- Faculty of Environmental Studies
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Life Sciences
- Faculty of Management Sciences
- Faculty of Medical Laboratory Science
- Faculty of Physical Sciences
- Faculty of Social Sciences
College of Medicine
- Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences
- Faculty of Clinical Sciences
AAU is known to have tutored quite a good number of prominent and influential alumni some of whom are;
- Benedict Ayade, Incumbent governor, Cross river state.
- Tony Elumelu, Successful Nigerian Investor, Philanthropist & Entrepreneur.
- Don Jazzy, CEO Mavin Records & singer
- Festus Keyamo, SAN, critic and human right activist, current Minister of State for Labour and Employment.
- Omawumi, singer
- Pastor Chris Oyakhilome, founder of Christ Embassy
- Aisha Buhari, First Lady of Nigeria
- Alibaba Akpobome, popular Nigerian comedian
The current Vice Chancellor of AAU is Professor Ignatius Onimawo.
AAU CUT OFF MARK 2020/2021
Ambrose Alli University ( AAU ) in line with JAMB approval has fixed her cut off mark , this cut off mark alongside other admission criteria qualifies a candidate to sit for the post UTME Screening exercise and consequently if successful gain admission into any department of the institution. The AAU Cut off Mark is 180.
AAU GENERAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
On a general note, candidates seeking for admission into AAU must have the basic requirements listed below. These requirements are but not limited to;
- The candidate must score a minimum of 180 in JAMB and above
- The candidate must be 16 years and above
- The candidate must have five (5) O’ level credits in WAEC, NECO, GCE or NABTEB or it’s equivalent and a minimum of C in Mathematics and English Language at not more than two sittings
- Candidates must have the right subject combinations in UTME
- AAU must be chosen as the University of first choice
- Candidates are required to provide a letter of recommendation/testimonial from their last attended Secondary School, endorsed by the principal.
- A reference letter on the pedigree of the candidates from a person of noble and reputable position in the society.
FOR DIRECT ENTRY CANDIDATES
Th requirements are; Minimum of two (2) A/Level passes, NCE or it’s equivalent with a very good grade, Diploma Certificate with an upper credit in related field in addition to five (5) O’level credit passes which must include English Language and mathematics in not more than two sittings.
AAU DEPARTMENTAL CUT OFF MARK
Below are the list of courses and their corresponding departmental cut off marks, candidates with a UTME score of 180 and above are qualified to sit for the PUTME screening exercise but only those with a PUTME score equal to or above the scores listed below will be admitted into the departments on merit having also satisfied other necessary conditions.
Post UTME Cut-off Marks:
|FACULTIES/DEPTS||CUT OFF MARK|
|History and International Studies||50|
|Religious Mgt. & Cultural Studies||40|
|Theatre & Media Arts||60|
|Med. Lab. Science||60|
|Agric. Sci Education||40|
|Curriculum & Instruction||40|
|Edu. Guidance & Counseling||40|
|Library & Information Science||40|
|Human Kinetics & Health Education||40|
|Voc. & Tech. Education||40|
|ENGINEERING & TECHNOLOGY|
|Industrial & Production Engineering||40|
|Fine & Applied Arts||40|
|Geography & Environmental Mgt.||40|
|Human Nutrition & Dietetics||50|
|Banking & Finance||55|
Please if you find this article helpful do well to introduce others to the page , share the link on all available social network platforms ( Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter, etc ) to help inform others . Comments and questions are also permitted for clarity purpose