The AKSU fixed JAMB cut off mark for the 2020/2021 academic session has been released and fixed at 160, any Candidate that score 160 and above in the 2020 UTME and meet the other basic requirements stated below is eligible for admission should they succeed at the PUTME screening.
Akwa Ibom State University Of Technology (AKSU) JAMB/UTME Cut Off Mark 2020/2021
AKSU in accordance with the provisions of JAMB has fixed her cut off mark , this cut off mark alongside other eligibility criteria qualifies a candidate to sit for post UTME Screening exercise and consequently if successful gain admission into any department of the institution.
The AKSU fixed JAMB cut off mark for the 2020/2021 academic session is 160, any Candidate that score 160 and above in the 2020 UTME and meet the other basic requirements stated below is eligible for admission should they succeed at the PUTME screening.
GENERAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR UTME CANDIDATES
1. Candidates must obtain a minimum of Five (5) O’level Credit passes in SSCE, GCE, NECO, NABTEB or their equivalent in not more than two sittings which must include English Language, Mathematics and three other course related subjects.
2. Candidates must obtain a minimum UTME score of 160 and above.
3. Candidates must also obtain the required minimum Post-UTME screening score of 160, this minimum score is subject to change. Candidates who couldn’t score up to 160 in their Post UTME screening test may not be offered admission irrespective of whatever score they got in their UTME.
4. In addition to the above requirements, candidates must compulsorily make Akwa Ibom State University (AKSU) their most preferred institution (First Choice Institution) to make them eligible to sit for the Post-UTME Screening Test.
5. Finally, candidates selection into any program is based on their average scores from the UTME and Post-UTME screening Tests I.e (UTME Score + Post UTME Score divided by 2).
GENERAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR DIRECT ENTRY CANDIDATES
1. Candidates applying through DE must obtain a minimum of Five (5) O’level Credit passes in SSCE, GCE, NECO, NABTEB or their equivalent which must include English Language, Mathematics and three other course related subjects.
2. Candidates should also have either of the following certificates: A’ level, OND or NCE in related areas or fields.
3. Candidates are also expected to obtain an acceptable score in the Direct Entry Screening Exercise.
4. Finally, DE selection is done by putting into consideration the combination of the candidate’s certificates and score in the direct entry screening test.
REQUIREMENTS FOR AKSU POST UTME/DE SCREENING EXERCISE
The following documents are required and must be brought along for the Post UTME/DE Screening exercise.
- Original and photocopies of the 2020 UTME Result slip showing the colored photograph of the candidate.
- Direct Entry candidates are to come with their 2020 JAMB DE printout also.
- Original and photocopies of WAEC/NECO/NABTEB Certificate and Scratch Card(s) with which the details therein can be authenticated.
- Direct Entry candidates are to also come along with their Diploma, NCE or A-level result or certificate.
- Birth Certificate/Age Declaration
- Local Government Identification letter.
- Letter of Attestation
- Recent copies of passport photograph clearly showing the candidate’s face
- Medical Certificate of Fitness from any approved Government Hospital/Health Care Centre.
HOW TO APPLY FOR AKSU POST UTME FORM
It is important for prospective candidates of Akwa Ibom State University (AKSU) to know that the Post UTME Form for the 2020/2021 academic session is now on sale. Consequently, the University portal will be opened for registration from Monday, July 27, 2020 to Friday, August 21, 2020, all the candidates need do is to strictly follow the outlined steps below to generate their Pre-Payment Analysis Slip for their payment and registration.
- Visit the university portal at http://portal.aksu.edu.ng and Click on the ‘REGISTER NOW’ link in the Login Page
- Select PUTME/DIRECT ENTRY in the Registration-Type Panel and click on PUTME link.
- Correctly enter your JAMB registration number and click VERIFY.
- On the right hand side of the page you’ll see your details, select ‘CLICK TO MAKE PAYMENT’ and print the Pre-Payment Analysis slip generated.
- Proceed to any of the institution’s stipulated Banks with the Pre-Payment Analysis slip and make your
N2,000 fee payment for Akwa Ibom State University Post-UTME screening using e-transact
- After successful payment, go back and repeat steps 1 to 3 above. The payment status on the right side of the page should now be updated to capture your payment status, it should now show PAID.
- Click the “>” symbol at the extreme right hand side of the page to proceed with registration process.
- Complete the registration form then clearly scan and upload all the documents listed above as the Requirements for AKSU Post UTME/DE Screening Exercise. Make sure the documents size do not exceed 100kb.
- After the successful documents upload, Print two (2) copies of the completed AKSU Registration Slip from the portal. The printed copies will serve as AKSU PUTME/DE screening Registration Card.
AKSU DEPARTMENTAL CUT OFF MARK 2020/2021
The official departmental cut off mark for the 2020/2021 academic session have not been released by Akwa Ibom State University Of (AKSU), the information contained in this content is an excerpt from the previous year 2019/2020, this will give the candidates insights on what to expect. Candidates are therefore advised to visit this page as often as they can for more updates as the updates will be made once available. Below are the run down of courses offered in AKSU and their various cut off marks
- Medicine & Surgery <><><> 240
- Nursing ~~~~ 220
- Mass Communication <><><> 200
- Common law ~~~~ 200
- Pharmacy <><><> 200
- Anatomy ~~~~ 200
- Physiology <><><> 200
- English Language ~~~~ 190
- Biochemistry <><><> 190
- Microbiology ~~~~ 190
- Geology <><><> 190
- Mechanical Engineering ~~~~ 190
- Civil Engineering <><><> 190
- Electrical Engineering ~~~~ 190
- Computer Science <><><> 190
All other Courses not listed above have 180 as their cut off mark
- Candidates who did not register for the Post-UTME screening exercise and those who registered but did not choose AKSU or change to AKSU as their most preferred institution in the 2020 UTME or Direct Entry will not be eligible to take part in the Post UTME Screening Exercise.
- Candidates must provide a valid GSM phone number and email address while filling the application form so as to be able to receive helpful alerts and messages.
- Forgery, mistakes or falsification of documents will attract punishment and may lead to outright disqualification, candidates are therefore advised to cross check the information supplied and documents uploaded properly before submission.
- AKSU do not accept Awaiting Results therefore candidates with Awaiting Results need not apply.
Please should you find this article helpful do well to introduce others to the page , share the link on all available social network platforms (Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter, etc) to help inform others . Comments and questions are also permitted for clarity purpose