Hi viewers, nigeriaschoolnews.com.ng is here again with an interesting publication on Abia State University Uturu popularly known as ABSU. This publication promises to be well detailed and to give answers to such questions as;
What are the general requirements for admission into ABSU?
What is ABSU’s Cut off Mark for the 2020/2021 academic session?
What are the departmental Cut off marks for Medicine & Surgery, Law and Nursing Science? and many more.
This publication will go further to highlight the brief history of ABSU and also give other vital information. So if you are among those in search for answers to the above questions you are sure to get the answers you seek here.
BRIEF HISTORY OF ABIA STATE UNIVERSITY UTURU (ABSU)
Abia State University (ABSU), is a State owned University created in 1991 following the creation of Abia State and nine other states. It was the Uturu campus of Imo State University that was ceded to Abia State. After the state was created in 1991, the Uturu campus of Imo State University became Abia State University since the geographical location of the Campus now fell under Abia State’s boundary.
Abia State University is located at Uturu in Isuikwuato Local Government Area, Abia State, Eastern Nigeria.
The university is organized in colleges and Faculties and offers undergraduate, graduate and doctorate degrees. It has two campuses with its main campus in Uturu while the College of Law, College of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine is in the campus in Umuahia, the capital of Abia State.
Abia State University has over 20,000 students across all programs; over 18,000 Undergraduates, over 1100 Postgraduates and about 310 Doctoral Students. She currently ranks 41 in the Nigerian Universities ranking.
Abia State university offers more than 90 undergraduate and graduate programs across eleven colleges namely;
ABIA STATE UNIVERSITY FACULTIES/COLLEGES
- Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
- College of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine
- College of Biological and Physical Sciences
- College of Business Administration
- College of Education
- Faculty of Engineering
- College of Environmental Studies
- Faculty of Law
- College of Medicine and Health Sciences
- College of Optometry
- College of Postgraduate Studies
The academic successes and otherwise of ABSU were achieved under the able leadership of six (6) substantive and two(2) acting Vice Chancellors led by the Pioneer Vice Chancellor, viz:
PAST-PRESENT VICE CHANCELLORS OF ABSU
- Professor M.J.C Echeruo, English, 1981-1988
- Late Professor G.M.Umezuruike, Biochemistry, 1988-1993
- Professor S.O.Igwe, Education, 1993-1999
- Professor S.O. Emejuaiwe (Acting), Biochemistry, 1999-2000
- Professor Ogwo E. Ogwo, Marketing, 2000-2005
- Professor E.C. Nwahunnanya (Acting),English, 2005
- Professor Mkpa Agu Mkpa, Education, 2005-2010
- Professor Chibuzo Ogbuagu, Political Science, 2010-2015
- Professor Uchenna Eleazer Ikonne, Optometry, 2015-Date
ABIA STATE UNIVERSITY (ABSU) CUT OFF MARK 2020/2021
The official cut off mark for 2020/2021 academic session has been released by the management of Abia State University. The 2020/2021 academic session cut off mark for ABSU is 180, if you score anything less in your UTME you are not eligible to purchase and sit for the post UTME screening exercise. Aside scoring 180 you must also satisfy some other basic admission requirements stated below.
ABSU BASIC ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
To be eligible for admission the candidates must;
- Score a minimum of 180 and above in UTME
- Have five (5) O’ level credits in WAEC, NECO, GCE or NABTEB which must include Mathematics and English Language and three other subjects related to the chosen course.
- ABSU must either be your first or second choice University, candidates whose first choice is ABSU stands a better chance of being admitted first before others
- Meet the Faculty/Departmental basic requirements
These requirements can be adjusted either by adding, removing or modifying already existing ones by the management of the institution whenever and however they choose.
ABSU DEPARTMENTAL CUT OFF MARK 2020/2021
A UTME score of 180 qualifies you to sit for the university’s Post UTME screening exercise but beating the departmental cut off mark qualifies you to be admitted into the department of the institution.
|FACULTY OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION|
|Banking & Finance||200|
|FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE|
|Animal Science & Fisheries||190|
|Agric. Economics & Extension||190|
|Crop Production & Protection||180|
|Food Science & Technology||190|
|FACULTY OF EDUCATION|
|Education/Administration & Planning||180|
|Education/Management & Planning||180|
|Education/English & Literature||180|
|Education/Guidance & Counselling||180|
|Education/History & International Relations||180|
|Education/Fine & Applied Arts||180|
|FACULTY OF BIOLOGICAL & PHYSICAL SCIENCES|
|Animal & Environmental Biology||200|
|Plant Science & Biotechnology||220|
|FACULTY OF ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES|
|Building Technology & Civil Engineering||190|
|Environmental Resources Management||200|
|Fine & Applied Arts||200|
|Urban & Regional Planning||200|
|Geography & Planning||210|
|FACULTY OF LAW|
|FACULTY OF MEDICINE|
|Medicine & Surgery||240|
|FACULTY OF HUMANITIES & SOCIAL SCIENCES|
|English Language & Literature||200|
|Foreign Language & Translation Studies||190|
|Government & Public Administration||200|
|History & International Relations||200|
|Linguistics & Communication studies||200|
|Library & Information Science||200|
Please should you find this article helpful do well to introduce others to the page , share the link on all available social network platforms ( Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter, etc ) to help inform others . Comments and questions are also permitted for clarity purpose